For many years before Glendale was purchased by our family in 1917, all the way through the mid-1960’s, the original barn housed milking herds, horses, ponies and a few 4H animal husbandry projects as well. Hay was stored in the hay barn on top, and the livestock was housed below. After an estimated 80-90 years of service, the building was beyond repair and eventually dismantled in the early 70’s.
In 1989, this barn was built on the same site to begin our boarding business. A tack room and hayloft are on the upper floor, with a grooming area immediately adjacent to the tack room. All stalls are on the ground floor.
- Stalls averaging 90 sq. ft.
- Cleaned every other day.
- Fresh wood shavings provided for bedding.
- Hay and grain provided morning and evening.
- Feed regimens may be arranged.
- Horses are turned out daily weather permitting.
- 5 turnout areas on 2 acres, hay provided.
- 2 pastures on 6 acres.
- 150′ x 60′ sand-bedded riding ring with jumps.
- Easy access to off-site riding on 40+ acres near the Housatonic River.
- We will notify you immediately if we believe your horse requires veterinary attention.
- If there is a medical emergency and you cannot be reached, Glendale will contact your veterinary provider
- Shoeing available at your discretion.
Hay and Straw
- Call for pricing and availability.
Safety and Convenience
- Barn is equipped with a smoke and fire alarm system that is connected to a central alarm monitoring and reporting service. Milford Fire Department is only 2 miles away. Milford Police Department is 2.5 miles away.
- Phone provided for local calls free of charge.
- 6 am to midnight